Al-Midan actively promotes access to quality and inclusive education for all children, youth, and adults. The commitment to Education for All is coupled with a pledge by Al-Midan to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) of completing universal inclusive education, primary education and gender equality in all education levels as part of its work in development.
Reaching the Education for All goals and education-related Sustainable Development Goals has been challenging for many communities in Lebanon, especially those facing difficult circumstances.
Al-Midan has embarked on several initiatives that support research in such states – including those in crisis – and encourages greater dialogue between national actors and development partners.
This program will focus on:
- Building and upgrading education facilities that are child, disability and gender sensitive and provide safe, nonviolent, inclusive and effective learning environments for all.
- Ensuring that all girls and boys complete equitable and quality primary and secondary education leading to relevant and effective learning outcomes.
- Ensuring that all girls and boys have access to quality early childhood development, care, and pre-primary education so that they are ready for primary education
- Ensuring equal access for all women and men to affordable and quality technical, vocational and tertiary education, including university.
- Substantially increasing the number of youth and adults who have relevant skills, including technical and vocational skills, for employment, decent jobs, and entrepreneurship.
- Eliminating gender disparities in education and ensure equal access to all levels of education and vocational training for the vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples and children in vulnerable situations.